Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Passport+Visa=Lost!

Well, without even having actually begun, it's already an intersting journey!!!

While it'll all turn out fine, I've suffered the minor setback of having my passport, complete with French visa, get sent back to where I was living, but not get to me... After much to-ing and fro-ing, it seems that a series of unfortunate events (probably mainly me not having got a courier envelope to send passport back in, and the Embassy not thinking to enquire about this, and sending it in a non-signature envelope) has led to no-one knowing where said passport is. I'm still not sure why I had it in my mind that I was going to have to pick up my visa, but anyway.

Basically, it was a $150 mistake, and my new passport should be being delivered (to work!) soon... Then off it goes to get its visa again.

So much for thinking I had it all organised well in advance, eh?
Passport/visa FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment