Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

1 more sleep


Tomorrow I (well, we) hop on what Dad continues to call the Big Bird, and the journey begins! At this stage, I'm quite happy for some action... while it has been great to have this time in Napier, it's a bit bizarre just hanging around without much to do. I've had my fill of waiting around, and now I'm ready for some action!

Fortunately, everything fits in my suitcase, although it's rather heavy. Then again, one suitcase and a backpack for carry-on is not too bad, I don't think. Although Ma & Pa are taking a few of the souvenir-y things for me. Thank goodness they have succeeded in packing lightly.



And, I may be jinxing myself here, but I have managed so far without any (too) tearful goodbyes (despite someone's efforts to make me cry), so am hoping to keep that up tomorrow when family comes to farewell us at the airport!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you....hope all is well with your first couple of days of there in France. Just fort I'd stop by your blog....great reading - lol

    Well keep in touch and hope to read more of your journey.

    Take care
    Lole

    ReplyDelete
  2. bon voyage!!!!!!!!! I want an update
    ta copine française Sabi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Litlle Libby...

    I soo super miss you. Work is dumb now without our daily sonqs.... :(

    Hope you are well! "I'm quite happy for some action... while it has been great to have this time in Napier, it's a bit bizarre just hanging around without much to do. I've had my fill of waiting around, and now I'm ready for some action!"

    - What action you talkinq about huh ?
    Hah ha ha !

    Have a super time Libsz !

    x
    Lani

    ReplyDelete