Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back home for r&r

Step 1 of the leaving process is complete; I'm no longer in Welly! Came up to Napesville with band, marched around in the Blossom Festival, and didn't return. Actually, must say that it was a great time to stay on a marae and get a dose of Kiwi/Maoritanga before leaving. Not to mention the great sing-along, which included many a good Kiwi song.


Am making the most of this time to catch up with whanau, as most of them are up here and I hadn't been home for a while. (Ooops!) Got my first euros the other day, too. Great excitement! Was quite keen to inspect them, as I hadn't seen any real live euros before. ;p

Now begins the part that I dislike: packing. I've got clothes out in piles but, apparently, I can't keep stuff to a minimum. Damn liking things with patterns and not liking to wear all black!

No comments:

Post a Comment