Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mucho excitement!

Well, it's been a fairly big week...

Have been trying like crazy to catch up with people as much as poss before leaving Wellyville, so have spent lots of good times with friends (who I am going to miss!).

Yesterday was my last day of work, and got a great prezzy from the folks in the CDC @ AXA: a handy-dandy travel/toilet bag, already filled with some useful goodies. There was also a great morning tea, in accordance with CDC protocol!

I also found out (made my week) that I can live at one of my schools - the Collège Didier Daurat - and it will be free. So, not only am I hugely relieved to know that I'll have somewhere to go when I get there, it also reduces the financial burden! The teacher from that school that I've been corresponding with is super helpful, and offering to meet me when I arrive. :)

With all of these changes happening, I'm actually beginning to believe that it's all real! It's quite funny because, in a way, this whole year has just been one of me being 'on hold', waiting for France. Now, it's a matter of weeks away!

I'm not excited about saying goodbye (or, at least, 'so long') to heaps of cool people, but I'm getting really excited about seeing new places, and starting my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment