Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hong Kong Pix

Have got a bit lazy in terms of typing, so am just going to put up a few pix with a brief explanation!


I admit that I had to look up what this building was, as we saw so many that I just can't remember them all! It's on Hong Kong Island, and is apparently called the "Lippo Centre."
A good example of some of the glitzy-looking high rises that are about!

These pics are way better than mine... oh well. It also says the design was 'inspired by' an Aussie architect. Hm.

These are what I assume are apartment buildings. Little bit of a contrast to the glamour of some of those high rise office buildings! Don't think it shows in this photo, but many of these apartments had washing hung out the windows. Not entirely sure how one does that without falling out of the window but, clearly, it is possible!

Check out this sweet umbrella stand! I think I said earlier about how people in Hong Kong seems to love their umbrellas. They come out at the first sign of rain, all of the shops have special bags for you to put your wet umbrella in while you look around...
This was in our hotel, by the restaurant. You can lock your umbrella in there!







No comments:

Post a Comment