Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nice is Nice (1)

Even the train station in Nice managed to look tropical. Good times!
Didn't take me too long to find my hostel, which was in a pretty sweet, central location, drop off my bags, and head out the door again.



As it turned out, I had unwittingly arrived on the last day of Carnaval festivities and narrowly missed one of the parades (possibly the Battle of the Flowers, but not quite sure). Anyway, let me just show you the kind of mess that this leaves in the streets...



Fortunately, the Carnaval King was still around town.



I pretty much spent the afternoon wandering the streets of Nice. Well, not so much the streets as following the Promenade des Anglais, which ran alongside the beach. Apparently, I have missed being by the sea, without really realising it. But, who wouldn't want to be on this beach?



Different atmosphere when night falls, but still the place to be, I think.



After dinner, I decided to get an early night so that I could make the most of the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment