Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Strike 2







Another strike today (16/10/10), so a good chance to put up the photos of the last one, and some of the new ones. There's another strike planned for Tuesday, too. This is an interesting time to be in France...

Heard on the radio today that fuel is in short supply. The trains are running less frequently. Apparently, the lycée where I'm working was blocked off at the end of last week. Admittedly, the last one's the only thing that really affects me! And, even then, I work at the lycée at the start of the week, so I didn't even know until I saw one of the teachers. Her husband decided to use my langauge skills to check that the message on his phone was telling him that his flight had been cancelled. Because he was flying with EasyJet, the message was in English, but he doesn't speak English! Not so useful.
Was surpised to see one of the banners today, reading something like: "Sarkozy (+2 other names that I can't remember now). Never, before them, was I ashamed to be French." Clearly, people are pretty upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment