Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bon Marché: Good bargain/market


Had to go into town - I say 'go into town,' but it's literally about 5 mins walk - to pick up stuff from the bank, and stumbled upon the market. Which wasn't really hard to do, as it seemed to spread through most of the town. Wherever there was a square (or any kind of open space), there were stalls of all sorts. Fruit, deli-style caravans, clothes, plants, shoes... There was one stall with a huge pan of extremely tempting paella!
I felt very French. Lol. But, seriously, it was all that stuff that you get told in French class coming to life. At one particular fruit/veg stall, the vendor had the sales patter down and was busy weighing everyone's purchases. At another, I heard the stallholder say "So, the usual?"
So, now I just get to feel frustrated that I'm presented with all of this fresh produce and have no real kitchen. It's so unfair. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment