Tales of my time as an English language assistant in France!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Life of Speed Racer


When I was talking to its owner yesterday, I found out that this bike has quite a history. As she was young in the time when you went everywhere by bike, it has really travelled.



It has been down the the Gave in Pau, to go swimming. Just to clarify, the bike did not go swimming. But the owner did.



One day, she and friends went to Lourdes (I think this was from Pau because, if it was from Saint Gaudens, WOW).


It has also been ridden around the Paris ringroad. Now that is brave. However, she assures me that there wasn't as much traffic around in those days.


If you enlarge this, hopefully you'll see Pau in the South West, near the Spanish border.

For the moment, however, it is contenting itself mostly with short hops around Saint Gaudens, with a few excursions to nearby towns. Kids these days... soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment